|Zesty Cake: lactose free, & light...|
To start with, don't do this recipe unless you are one of the below:
- Chocolate Hater. or not in the mood for chocolate, as not a pinch of chocolate was used in this recipe. (sorry chocolate lovers)
- Lactose Intolerant: Not a drop of milk was added.
- Light Dessert Seeker: Sugar was reduced to half as in any regular cake recipes.
- Spongy Cake Avoider: I have a thing against spongy cakes, I sometimes feel I am literally swallowing air. I just dont like the sponginess. Yet, this cake turned out to be truely condensed & bit chewy from inside, and soft at the same time.
- Lemon/ Citrus Lover: Who doesnt love the taste of lemon in desserts? Come on....Lemon, vanilla & sugar go together like trio best friends !
Since I previously posted about my lactose/dairy intolerance and my constant ways in including recipes without milk, and at the same time without jeopardizing the taste and affecting texture of the food
prepared. Here is the lemon cake that I made at home and from scratch!