Either because people lost interest, or the marketing campaigns weakened, or the trends proved useless.
Call these trends: fad. Call them a mode,a fool's notion, or just a mere frivolity.
And perhaps later, call them traditional , old or even no longer contemporary!
Whether these vogues are fashion in cloth, shoes, gadgets, decor, accessories, or even food!!! One has to admit that he or she had atleast tried them before they dwindled from the market.
The recent expectation in 2008 for Food trends were launched by innovadatabase. Let us see if they will continue growing in the upcoming years! Or they will become a mere "fad" that wont last long .
I will start posting the major food trends expected. But , for now I will be only talking about trend number 10: "Beautiful Day Arrives".This trend focuses on the effect of food on Beauty, precisely ingredients that improves skin .
Here are some Examples of affordable , cheap and available products, and you can find below some launched products :
- Apple Cider Vinegar: This vinegar has healing properties and it makes the skin soft and supple. Apple cider vinegar helps peel off dead skin cells. It breaks down fat and helps food digest properly.
- Carrots: Help to maintain the outer layer of the skin to prevent premature aging.
- Cheese: Make a slice or two of hard cheese a part of your diet. Cheese helps to prevent bacteria from growing in the mouth and prevents cavities. Choose between Swiss, cheddar or Gouda.
- Citrus Fruits: These fruits hold the skin cells together by forming collagen. Collagen cannot be added to the skin topically and hence fruits and juices must be made an integral part of your daily diet.
- Garlic: Helps to combat wrinkles and restores tissues.
- Nonfat/low far Yogurt: Is high is calcium and helps to keep your smile white and your teeth cavity-free. And ofcorse not to forget it is good for nails .
- Sweet Potatoes: These potatoes are full of vitamin A and vitamin A is known for being an anti-wrinkling agent. The result of eating this vegetable is smoother skin.
- Tomatoes: This vegetable does wonders to your skin. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium. They are also are a major source of lycopene, a potent antioxidant also thought to protect against sunburn.
- Wheat Germ: To get rid of pimples efficiently include two or three tablespoons of wheat germ in your diet. You add this to your cereal, yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Blueberries: Full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories that prevent long-term cell damage.
- Kiwifruit: Another good source of antioxidants, kiwis are also a great source of vitamin C and potassium, all which help prevent wrinkles.
- Walnuts: A key source of omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. The omega-3s found in walnuts also help fight against skin ailments like psoriasis and eczema.
- Dark chocolate: Full of antioxidants and nutrients, cocoa (choose chocolate with at least 60 percent cocoa) increases blood flow to the skin, which in turn boosts hydration, smoothness, and protection against sun exposure.
- Tea: Used as skin treatment for ailments and skin whitening , Precisely Chamomile can treat burns and scrapes.
Some Launched Products in the market:
Danone's Essensis:( launched in 2009)
|Emmi’s super-premium Beauty Case.|
STARBUCKS Launched Chamomile Tea ( Left)
and Tea Frapucino(Right) due to their health benefits
Neo Beauty, an innovative
dairy drink, containing a unique
3D Regeneo formula with aloe vera.
For More Info:
1. Chamomile Tea : http://www.sweetadditions.net/food-drinks/chamomile-tea-benefits-for-skin-hair-and-eyes
Lisa Drayer’s Top 10 Beauty Foods: http://www.marieclaire.com/hair-beauty/how-to/tips/beauty-foods