May 9, 2010
" In coordination with Outlook, AUB's official newspaper, Mind Soup is hosting the first Lebanese Bloggers Convention at AUB on Wednesday May 19th, 2010 at 5:00 PM in AUB West Hall Auditorium A.
During the convention/workshop, Lebanese guest bloggers will introduce the world of blogging to students and encourage them to express their ideas and opinions using personal blogs.
Also on the agenda is discussing the impact of blogging on the freedom of speech in Lebanon and the effect of blogging on the Lebanese society and culture.
Bloggers from all over Lebanon will be sharing their experiences with each other and the audience. We are expecting a variety of bloggers to attend. These include journalists, comic-artists, poets, and students who write in both Arabic and English language.
Everyone is welcome to attend, so invite your friends (even if they are not bloggers). If you are a non-AUB student and would like to attend, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so that your access to AUB's closed campus can be facilitated!
If you are a blogger and would like to be featured in this convention, please fill in this form: http://www.jotform.com/form/1200341481 after reading the rules below.
Rules for applying (as guest speaker):
- You should be a Lebanese blogger or an Arab blogger operating in Lebanon and can attend the blogger convention in AUB (Beirut)
- You should be 18 years of age or older.
- You should own a self-operated blog.
- Your blog should be at least 6-month old (updated on a weekly basis) or 1 year old (updated on a monthly basis).
- The convention is probably going to be in the English language, so you should understand English. However, you can speak in Arabic for your part if you like.