April 5, 2010

Tala & Dani

It is a story i wrote a couple of years ago. It's a true story though :


Tala a cute brunette girl , a bit shy when she meets new people. But once you tell her your name, she will never forget you.. She holds her mp3 with her and puts her favorite song for Avril Lavigne..( "Hey hey i can be your girlfriend hey")…And starts singing it…..After that, she shifts to another pop song.


She likes teasing me. She even sometimes likes to ignore me when I come, so that I approach her and play with her...
Sometimes, I used to come but she would be sleeping , so i used to watch her in her deep nap calmly, with her blond hair covering her forehead and eyes. You can realize clearly that kids are God's angels when they sleep.



Tala told me about him once, how they played together, and how he gave her his own toys…I sensed her happiness when she talked about him. She smiles and says: “Dani, Yes Dani. He always play with me cards and he always let me win!!"


The first thought that came rushing to my mind was :"Oh Dani lets her win then ! Then, most probably, he’s my age, a grown up, not a six-seven year old boy! ." He was not then a naughty little boy who likes teasing girls of his age. He was not a boy who wants all his toys for himself and nobody else to share them with.


But I wanted to inquire about this “Dani”... .She always talks about him... I felt curious , maybe a bit jealous...So, I asked her: “Tala, does he wear like me, like this blue coat??”.
She replied laughing at my face, as if saying to me you are so wrong: “No, Dani is in the other room!”


I was so struck by this mere idea that he was in the room beside the playroom…Then he was after all a six years old boy…. He suffered like her.


Until one day came and I met him playing with her…..My body shivered and my stomach ached.


They shared the same fate, not just the games…



Friends they were.


The untainted form of friendship…



No comments:

Post a Comment