June 28, 2010

Thesis Syneresis

Syneresis : is a common term used by food scientists to explain the synersis of gels i.e the expulsion of liquid from gels. For example, when you press the " Jell-O" or when it stays in the fridge too long, water drains out.
This is "syneresis". Another example is the whey ( liquid) draining out from yogurt .
I should have been working on my thesis now, but i could not focus on reading around over 50 boring , mind- drenching,   scientific research articles!!! And  meanwhile i am  swifting , sea-saw like motion,  between two topics !!!

Hopefully, my thesis will be " syneres-ing" gradually  during this summer !! :)

"Copy from one, it's plagiarism; copy from two, it's research." - Wilson Mizner 

 “Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought” 

 “Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.” Werner von Braun 



Oh, Btw this is V8, my cat , ( two years ago). She used to study with me. 
Or might i say sleep while i am studying!!! 
A Valid proof that research is really boring !! :P
( miss u V8)

No comments:

Post a Comment