June 20, 2010

Trick or Treat Time?



In one of my previous posts , I talked  about time in just a  few lines, as it is something that can never be denied.True.
But I never elaborated , thinking that it is such a truism issue  that is discussed by billions of people. It is really not a special topic anymore, neither a very interesting one. 
Despite that fact, I still want to talk about time. It is indeed something that I can never deny.

I learned how time takes time.
But time can never give us time.
Time is a miser , piling and stashing. But never bestowing us.

And the paradox is that you realize that if there is no time in our lives, things will happen altogether at once.
Or even worse, things will change just haphazardly, with no control.
If there is no time, a rose can shut and be a bud again. So we can no longer enjoy a rose.
If there is no time, we can be kids anytime we want, we can be old anytime we want. Philosophizing a bit? maybe.

But there are tricks you learn in life to deal with time. I have a friend who  once taught me a fantastic thing to do with time. 



What she used to do , is that everytime the clock is 11 :11 , she goes and shouts to me : “ Make a WISH”!! “ MAKE A WISH”..
And I go and make a wish from the bottom of my heart, perhaps time will hear me J


Some might think I am just foolish  or just hanging my dreams on something that can never happen, because “our cultural context” doesn’t approve of such things.

But infact, the myth behind this is that in some cultures , they believe that when time strucks 11:11 , the 1,100 spirit guardians will be  around us, and anything we wish will come true. 
Some other believe  that it's a wake up call. Perhaps.


Well, what should I lose if I wished for something at this time precisely??  So yes, i wish for things , i wish for my dreams to come true.Because time will not give me all the time i need to make them true.


My favorite quotes about time :

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”


“Time is like a handful of sand- the tighter you grasp it, the faster it runs through your fingers”


"You tell me that time - never waits.
That's ok cause I don't wait for time" Jack Johnson.

No comments:

Post a Comment