March 29, 2013

Munch Bakery: A Local Bakery with International Standards

Munch Bakery - Picture of Riyadh, Riyadh Province
This photo of Munch Bakery is courtesy of TripAdvisor

I heard rumors about Munch Bakery before I went there that It was a great bakery with good tasty cupcakes and fancy designed cakes. I checked the website before I visited to see their products. I was impressed by the logo, the interactive website, and the list of products in a very neat way that makes you want to order cupcakes even if they were "digital".

When I visited the olay/tahila branch at 10 pm during the week, I was impressed by the number of people there. The bakery was full and everyone was ordering something.

Presentation

The display of cupcakes is what caught my eye then the white elegant decor and the organization of the work flow. You have to take a ticket first, then do your order, then pay.

The "on the ground" or the live experience was exactly as the digital with the colors and the design. They have clearly succeeded in branding, creating, and consistently keeping the feel of a cute, warm bakery full of colors and flavors.

They also implemented the open kitchen concept which is the latest hype in the world: making customers see what is going on behind the scenes.

The Staff


Did I mention that there was diversity in workers both national and international; Saudis and non Saudis. I think that is a great blend and can satisfy what people want. There were around 10 staff working non stop!!

The Taste

I bought a diverse set of minicupcakes to be able to taste most popular flavors. The Cake is good and the icing is not too sweet either which makes it acceptable to "munch".
All the colors they use are natural. No artificial colorants are used. Atleast thats what they informed me.
Minicupcake costs 3 Riyals and Medium costs 6 Riyals.

Munch Bakery - Picture of Riyadh, Riyadh Province

Their birthday and occasion cakes should be ordered two weeks before and are atleast 150 riyals, depending on decor and layers.
They also sell cute " I love Riyadh" bags and other merchandising T-shirts.

Comparing to others

In order to be more fair, I intenetly dropped by Kitsch Cupcakes branch in Tahliya Street. I was not impressed by the display of cupcakes.There were no diversity in flavors as Munch Bakery.
Moreover, there was only one staff working and I had to wait for my turn. Yet he was very friendly and happy.

The prices are a bit more expensive than Munch Bakery where the medium cupcake 8 Riyals and the mini 4 Riyals!!. Despite Kitsch Cupcakes in Gemmayze Beirut is more colorful, unique and truly displays the "cupcake" spirit. But the Saudi Branch doesn't match the Lebanese one. The Branding seems not be copied exactly.

At the end, I can simply say that though Munch bakery is a local bakery yet it displayed international standards in all its aspects from logo, website, products, services, the venue, the bakery....etc!
It is original and entertaining! It is a must to try if you were ever  in Riyadh or Jeddah!
Munch Bakery - Picture of Riyadh, Riyadh Province
( I also posted this on Trip Advisor  as a Review)

1 comment:

  1. I love going there! Their cupcakes are amazing!
    Never knew they were local! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete